Dear MA Committee, Counsellors and the Members,
Through God’s help and your loving care and supports, MA Thailand could pass a 2 year term of Presidency smoothly with grace and honor. To sum-up some works during the years:-
1. MA has experienced Management and Operations through MA group Line of Committee and Counsellors during Covid-19 fully alert and spreading.
2. Our presence at the Cochin Convention 2020 in India made our Brochure, MA VDO Clip and Nok Noi Volume 33 possible to update what MA did, is doing and will do in the future.
3. A split of MA Brochure Profiles and Concepts from MA Operations as recorded in Nok Noi Issue is timely and practical for use.
4. MA Yearly Activity Plans Vs MA private, personal and social Plans for the Poor and the Needy are still on the move for the test of time.
5. We have the experience of praying the Rosary of 12 Stars of Montfort together. By bringing a closer touch of Montfort Gabrielite Associate (MGA) Charter introduced by Bro. Superior General himself could move MA ahead of time and much to be felt and loved.
6. MA Holy Masses by Bro. Thinaratana for our late MAS, Brothers of Saint Gabriel and those affected and died of Covid-19 worldwide were offered during the year 2020 and 2021.
7. A 5 year Feed back recorded MA charitable Contributions to the House of the Poor Children at Baan Hataikarun, Chachoengsao Province.
8. The History of the Sacred Heart Novitiate Echinkadu, India in Nok Noi Volume 35, reminded many MAs and the Brothers of Saint Gabriel who went through this House of Formation.
9. St. Roch, Sriracha and Rayong Juniorate Memoirs are good reminders to us the juvenists in the days of old.
10. MA Account and Financial Operating Systems are organized according to the Accounting Principles and Practices with Bank Accounts and Petty Cash Fund to be used and kept in good order.
11. The song “Glory to Thee Montfort……” was encouraged to sing and to practise as MA National Song at all times. 12. MA Line questionnaire was used in time of needs to obtain necessary information while Covid-19 was intact.
13. Fund raising activities for MA were considered with care, attention and in different measures.
14. A revision and updating lists of our departed MAs are on time for use.
15. A MGA Zoom Meeting participated by MA Thailand could bring in a closer cooperation, understanding and make MA activities and contributions better known abroad.
16. Our attempt to help in the arrangement of MGA Convention 2022 in Thailand was opened to MGA discussions and decision as to where the venue of the Meeting should be.
17. MA Line stories in Nok Noi are useful and popular to MA readers. They are shared by many of our Line Group Members.
18. MA Annual Retreat and the retreat with the Brothers of Saint Gabriel at Doi Suthep, Chiengmai are under our due encouragement and support.
19. Birthday Prayers and Best Wishes of our MAs are remembered and expressed through our sincere and brotherly love.
20. Visits to the sick and the aged old MAs and the Brothers of Saint Gabriel are our current and natural practice. Such events bring joy and happiness to us all.
21. “Special Prayers on Requests” can be sought for not only among our MA members but also from the members of Baan Hataikarun, Sisters of the Sacred Heart and many other “Houses of Prayers” that we the MA will try to seek for.
We MA Thailand hope and wish to work hand in hand with the Montfort Global Associates, the Montfortian Gabrielite Associate Group and the Brothers of Saint Gabriel for many years to come in order to bring love, peace and joy to all.
With God’s help and due supports from our MAs, we will be able to move forward to a Greater Glory of God and the Brotherhood of Man.
God bless and Mary care always.
Love and thanks to all,
Dear MA Members,
Greeting from Bro. Provincial, I believe my message finds you in good health and cheerful spirit in fighting with the Pandemic of Covid-19 that hinders us from our usual activities. To survive we must learn to adjust a new normal way of life in which prudence and carefulness are our companion. In fact, it reminds me of a saying of our Lord Jesus that says :
"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." (Lk.21:36 )
In like manner, we as Christian and Children of Montfort must also learn how to respond to this situation in a positive attitude. This is a sign of the times to share and participate in assisting the needy who face with difficulties in today's living. My dear Nok Noi Members, let me take this opportunity to express my appreciation and encouragement for all the works your Associates has done to upkeep the legacy of our Founder. May your work continue in a fruitful way and those all around you benefit from your contribution.
Finally, I would like to share the beautiful word of God that nurture us in this situation." I am the vine ; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers ; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." (Jn. 15: 54-7 )
God bless you all.
Brother Dechachai Sripicharn
Provincial of Thailand
Among the early friends and disciples of St. Louis Marie de Montfort we hear about some lay people who actively involved in his mission. Among them was Marquis de Magnanne whose tomb is in St. Louis’ Basilica, St. Laurent-sur-Sèvre, next to that of Montfort & Marie Louise.
“In the Spring of 1714, M. de Magnanne was staying in Rennes with his friend, M. de Bedouët d’Orville, to whose house he had come seeking a little comfort and diversion. He immediately became interested in some projects for charitable schools, which were occupying the diocesan authorities. He contributed to the purchase of a house for a female teacher in the Rue Haute; then he bought, out of his own pocket, the Maison du Verger, with the hope of starting there a school for young girls… “But the climax of the encounters M. de Magnanne had in Rennes was the series of spiritual conversations which brought together some extraordinary souls: M. d’Orville, the Count and Countess de la Garaye, the exquisite Madame de Pontbriand, the Count’s sister… “What is to be said of the arrival, at one point or another, among such a group of the man of God, Louis Marie de Montfort? The winds of trial might be unleashed; but the ‘good friends’ held on to one another… and Louis Marie pushed these souls, full sail, towards new horizons.” (Le Marquis de Magnanne, pages 23-24)
From the above paragraph, we know about the origin of Montfort Associates. There are many good souls in our days who want to be called friends and disciples of Montfort. The criteria as defined by BSG in “Partnership: General guidelines, 2009” “The laity who share the Montfortian spirituality are called ‘Associate Members’. (p.42) It is left to each Province to develop “New approaches to affiliation, membership requisites and membership options, boundary and identity issues, and fidelity to charism are all matters that members of religious Institutes face today.” (ibid, p. 43)
Let us give thanks to the Lord for the many gifts of the Spirit among Montfortian religious and lay people.
- For the common grace of our Baptism, which makes us all one body, praise to you, Lord.
R/. Praise to you, Lord.
- For the gifts you give to our Montfortian family,both through its lay as well as its religious members, praise to you, Lord.
R/. Praise to you, Lord.
- For the bonds that unite us in the same search for Christ, Eternal and Incarnate Wisdom, praise to you, Lord.
R/. Praise to you, Lord.
- For the call you have given us to be bearers of the Gospel message, wherever we are, with all that we are, praise to you, Lord.
R/. Praise to you, Lord.
- For the friendship that unites us, for the mutual acceptance of our differences, praise to you, Lord.
R/. Praise to you, Lord.
PANDEMIC IN THE FACE OF AN ALL-LOVING GOD
All peoples worldwide know the global disastrous consequence of the pandemic COVID 19. Untold loss of lives, of loved ones, of livelihood is drummed into our ears daily. No country is spared. The northern hemisphere with a lot of wealth and high technology as well as the south counting more of the poor experiences the endless assault of this ferocious virus.
What should be the attitude of the followers of Jesus Christ, the so-called Christians/ Catholics? We, sons and daughters of Montfort, should hold our heads high because we believe that the Almighty God is in control. He is at the steering wheel. The God of infinite love has said and is reiterating today “I am with you all until the end of time”. Besides, to the frightened disciples, he said “It is I; do not be afraid”. If the virus is man-made from the labs of superpowers, some experts do believe so, then we all have to suffer because of the wrong doing of our own brothers and sisters. It is not from God. He has given us all the liberty to do good or to do evil. Let us bear the brunt of this catastrophe together with patient endurance. Do not the finger at God.
Could this pandemic form part of natural happenings which happen at some intervals for the transformation of our universe toward a higher end? The process of natural evolution. We do not know. What we know is that the God of love is working daily to lead this universe toward a perfect end. God writes straight with crooked lines. The undesired natural happening, the evils of man-made calamities –all crooked lines, will be transformed by the God of love into straight line, always something good for us and for our universe.
Can this be a test of love from the God of love? We know God chastises those whom He loves. If we cannot find any answer to this existing evil, the pandemic, let us say it is a test of love from God. He is telling all of us to be humble, to acknowledge that He is the Creator; we are only creatures. Our modern scientific advancement, our high technology, and our awe-inspiring achievements in all realms, can make us forget the sole Creator. He is calling us back to our human hood, our creatureliness, our limitations. Acknowledge them. Hear His words again, “My ways are not your ways; and my thoughts are not your thoughts.”
B. Amnuay Yoonprayong
Vice President for Moral Development Education
About MABirth of Montfortian Associates in Thailand
Dr. Damrong KijsamrejPresident
Bro. Dechachai SripijarnHonorary Advisor
Fr. Thinaratana KomkrisSpiritual Director
Fr. Amnuay YoonprayongSpiritual Director
Dr. Thongdi KitboonchooAdvisor